Sunday, September 24, 2006

Called, Chosen and Faithful



Revelation 17:14 KJV
These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
At the battle of Armageddon, when the Lord returns to establish His kingdom, the Bible says they that are with Him are
Called
Chosen and
Faithful

Those who are with Him are the believers who have died and gone to heaven before this. They are, if I may, Christians....you and me.

The Bible gives them three adjectives to describe them.
They are called
The word means invited or appointed. It also applies to the saint.

The Lord's main concern today is to call out a bride for the Lord Jesus Christ. He is seeking and saving the lost.

They are chosen
This word means favorite or select.

What I like about this is that every one of the ones with Him are chosen and favorite. I think that is how the Lord looks at every child of God. We are all His favorites. Just as a parent loves every one of his children with the very same intensity, though every child is different, the Lord loves every one of His own as if that one were the only one.

They are faithful
This word means trustworthy.

It strikes me that the only one of the three that I have any real influence over is this one. I cannot invite myself, I must be invited. I cannot choose myself, I must be chosen. But if I am faithful it is because I chose to be faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment