Monday, November 27, 2006

Guard the Eye

Luke 11:34 KJV
The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.

Psalms 119:105 says
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. (KJV)

The way to get light in my body is through the proper use of my eyes. If I keep my eyes focused in the right place, upon the Word of God and upon the Lord Jesus Christ I can expect that light will shine through my life and give me guidance and direction in the decisions and issues of my life. If on the other hand I allow things to come through my eyes and into my soul that are evil and dark,
Forms of entertainment that are worldly
Thoughts that are less than good lovely just pure and or good report
Conversations that are questionable in character
I may expect that such darkness will cloud my path and hinder making good and wise decisions.

So I want to keep my eye single (the word means folded together, simple). I want to make sure I have singleness of purpose in pleasing the Lord in my life. That simplicity will give me direction and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment