Sunday, December 03, 2006

The Heart

Proverbs 3:1 KJV
My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:
God wants us to keep His commandments not only in the flesh, but also in the heart. I am reminded of the story of the little girl standing in the car seat. Her dad tells her to sit down but she does not, her dad tells her again and this time says, "If you don't sit down I will stop the car and spank you." The little girl sits down and they continue on their journey. After a moment or two the little girl looks at her dad and says, Daddy, I am still standing inside."

Some people do the right things but they are still sinning inside. True worship begins in the heart and manifests itself on the outside. So I need not only to guard my heart but I need to watch my heart and be sure that my service of the Lord, my worship, my actions are a reflection of a heart that is right with God first. If my heart is right, the deeds on the outside will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment