Monday, December 18, 2006

Thank you for praying


I want to thank those of you who had prayed for me last week as I went in for a heart catheter. I went to the hospital having been told that the bottom part of my heart was weak and they needed to do the catheter to find and, if possible, correct the problem without open-heart surgery. The cardiologist gave me the impression that, given my symptoms and family history, I might expect the open-heart surgery.

So what a shock and even confusion I had when I woke up from the procedure to learn that my heart is the picture of perfect health! I feel like the disciples in Acts when they prayed for Peter's release from prison and Peter was released. They did not believe it.

I am still not sure if I should believe the doctor.

I have another test (an echocardiogram) scheduled in a couple of weeks; I think to try to confirm the results of the heart catheter. But it appears that God did exceeding abundantly beyond what I could have asked for.

No comments:

Post a Comment