Sunday, December 31, 2006

Whose chosen whom?


John 15:16
Ye have not chosen me but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, He may give it you.

We get things mixed up in our lives too easily. We get the idea sometimes that we make our own choices as to our relationship with Jesus Christ.

The Lord simply sets that to rest. We did not choose Him, He chose us.

And there is great peace in that. It means that our choosing is as solid, as unshakeable, as eternal as Jesus Christ is.

It matters not what my emotions tell me.
It is of no consequence the direction my world takes


My relationship with Jesus Christ, my salvation is based only on choices that Christ has made and therefore my salvation is as certain as Christ is God.

No comments:

Post a Comment