Sunday, January 28, 2007

As for Me

Psalms 55:16-17 KJV
As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me.
Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.


As individuals, we have very little influence in the lives of other people. We make a huge mistake in life if we devote too much of our burden on what others are and are not doing. There is only one human being on this planet that I have any real influence upon and that is myself. I will find my life much more fulfilled if I concentrate on doing right myself and if I don't let myself get too preoccupied with who else is or isn't doing right.

This is not to say that I don't care. And it is not to say that I don't put out the energy to be an influence for godliness. But in the end, the results of my efforts are up to the Lord and I will be a miserable person if I cannot settle with that.

The psalmist says he will pray unto the Lord "Evening and morning, and at noon" and that the Lord "shall hear my voice." If we would discipline ourselves to pray as the psalmist did, then we may well be assured of the same confidence in prayer that the psalmist had.

No comments:

Post a Comment