Monday, January 29, 2007

Finishing with Joy


Acts 20:24 KJV
But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.
Paul's purpose in life was not
To live in freedom
To be free of pain or even
To live

Paul said his purpose in life was to finish his course with joy, and (I think he means) in the ministry.

Finishing life with joy is not done by finishing with things or finishing without suffering. Finishing your life with joy happens when you finish it doing what God has called you to do.


And it can't happen any other way. We can make all of the excuses in the world why we can't keep on doing what God has called us to do or why we can't start doing what we know God wants us to do; but we can never finish our course with joy unless we finish it doing what we know God wants us to do

No comments:

Post a Comment