Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Longer I Live


2 Corinthians 5:4 KJV
For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.
Paul said he groaned, not to die but to live. Not to live as men do on this planet but as we will live in eternity.

The longer I live the more I see that there is nothing in this planet that really grabs me. More and more the things that I love - even the people that I love - I find to be not of this world.

The burden, the groaning of my soul is not that I would die but that I would see my Saviour. The wording of this verse makes me think of the rapture. Those who experience it will not be unclothed, they will just change clothing. They will go from one level of life to the next level of life without tasting death in the process.

We do not know when our Saviour will come.
We do groan, being burdened that it would happen very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment