Sunday, March 25, 2007

In That Day


Isaiah 12:1-6 KJV
And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.
Sing unto the LORD; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth.
Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.

The day spoken of is the Millennial Kingdom, when Israel will finally be the nation God intends her to be. God called this nation out of the world, crafted her from just one man and gave her promises unlike anything the world had heard before; yet Israel turn her back against God and God was angry with her. Still, the Bible is clear that God will one day bless Israel and give to her everything He promised. Israel will be able to say "though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away and thou comfortedst me."

And is there not a similar praise each of us, who have trusted Christ as Saviour can offer? God had every reason to be angry with us every day.
We were lost
We were enemies of the Gospel and strangers to His grace
We lived as we pleased, not caring for the things of God.
We were children of wrath facing eternal damnation when
 God's Holy Spirit broke through our blindness and gave us the faith to believe Christ.

God hath done excellent things. There is no doubt about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment