Friday, April 13, 2007

For My Names' Sake


Isaiah 48:9-11 KJV
For my name's sake will I defer mine anger, and for my praise will I refrain for thee, that I cut thee not off.
Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.
For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.

Just yesterday I read a preacher's remarks which in my opinion were haughty. He wrote regarding the success of a ministry, "My view on this is that the condition of the church reflects on its pastor. If the pastor cannot lead his flock to be what they should be, or gather enough new sheep to be what they need to be, then the pastor is the reason the church is as it is. We are to inspire and preach and let the Holy Spirit move to move our work forward. If it is not happening, we must not be doing our job nor be in proper tune with Him."

God says "For my name's sake...." God does as he does for His names' sake.

God defers His anger, not because we are worthy, but for His names' sake
God refines His people, not because we are as valuable as silver, but for His name's sake.
God chooses to love and bless and give His glory to His own people and not to another, because of His names' sake.

What huge loss has happened in our world today because we have relegated the work of God to man. What great need there is today to return to dependence upon the Lord and to completely lose our confidence in the flesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment