Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Where Confidence Comes From


Isaiah 41:9 KJV
Thou whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called thee from the chief men thereof, and said unto thee, Thou art my servant; I have chosen thee, and not cast thee away.

What confidence there is in these words!

Thou whom I have takenThe word means seize. We did not take God, He has taken us. From whatever part of the world we are from. Regardless of background or past, God has seized us from the world and made us His own.

And called theeStrong’s Concordance says "through the idea of accosting a person met." I know when God got my attention there was nothing I could do about it. I was drawn toward Him.

I have chosen theeThe word means select. God looked through the billions of people who have and who will live on this planet and selected us.

And will not cast thee awayThis means spurn, despise and condemn. We are His. He has made us so. And while we do not do as we ought all of the time, God's promise is that He will not spurn and condemn us.

No comments:

Post a Comment