Sunday, June 24, 2007

I Beheld Till...


Daniel 7:9 KJV
I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
The term "I beheld" is found several times in chapters seven and eight of Daniel. Daniel has this vision of the beasts. It is a horrible scene of violence and abuse of humanity. I realize it is a vision and that Daniel was more or less an ethereal observer, but I was struck by the fact that all Daniel did was behold.

There is no activity on his part
There is nothing he can do about the things he saw in the vision


He could only behold until God did the work.

My heart's desire is for the same thing to happen in our day.
Oh, that men would stop playing the part of God.
Oh, that men would quit doing what we think is best for the glory of the Lord and
Oh, that men would step aside and behold what God might do.

No comments:

Post a Comment