Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I Will Magnify Myself


Ezekiel 38:23
Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.

God will magnify Himself.

This passage comes after I have read both Ezekiel 37 and 38 together. Chapter 37 is the valley of dry bones where God prophesies the day when Israel will be a great nation and will have the life of God in her.

This past week I watched a short documentary on the nation of Israel today. The reporter, himself of Jewish descent, but not a practicing Jew, had taken the assignment to investigate reports of miracles in the Holy Land. I was reminded as I watched the show that Israel still has not received the fulfillment of the prophecy of Ezekiel 37. She may have come back together, but she certainly does not have the life of God-breathed in her yet. Nor has the world come to place faith in Christ as a result of Israel's testimony. Israel, at this very hour, is seeing bloodshed in battles between Hamas and Fatah. (Both Palestinian organizations)

Yet God has promised He will magnify Himself and sanctify Himself and the world will know He is the LORD. I do not have to attempt to do that myself. I do not have to magnify God myself. I do not have to take up the burden alone of bringing honor to the Lord and making His name known. While I am to be obedient to the Lord and be a witness, even so far as giving time talent and treasures toward getting the Gospel around the world, the burden is squarely on the shoulders of God Himself. He will magnify Himself.

Regardless of what is going on around the world.
Regardless even of what is going on in my own back yard, I can trust the Lord.
He will be magnified and they shall know He is the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment