Saturday, June 23, 2007

When Daniel Knew

Daniel 6:10 KJV
Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime.
Daniel did nothing to prevent himself from being persecuted in this passage.
He did not attempt to prevent the king from signing the writing
He did not appeal to the king after he signed the law
He did not appear to change his habits of prayer and make them less noticeable


But struck me is that Daniel was not afraid to go from affluence and power (he was in line to be over the whole realm) to the den of lions overnight. He did not live for success or power or influence. He simply did his work where God placed him and worshipped God through it all. If God set him over the realm, over the realm he would work and he would worship the Lord. If God put him in the den of lions, into the den e would go and still worship God.

Lord help me to be so focused on You that I do what You have given me to do with all my heart, but that I do not concern myself with the results, only with my relationship with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment