Friday, July 27, 2007

What a Day That Will Be


Zechariah 3:9 KJV
For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.

While the phrase that first caught my attention this morning is that phrase, "...in one day," more has spoken to me since beginning to look into it.

That the verse concerns Jesus Christ is no doubt.
He is the stone - the foundation
He has the seven eyes - full of wisdom, omniscience
He is the One who has already removed iniquity in one day through the Cross

But then I also noticed that this verse speaks only of what the LORD will do. This is completely wrapped up in the work of God

The stone I have laid
Jesus Christ is the stone cut out without hands. He is all human, but He is all God. He is not the result of man's influence upon His life. He is not the figment of man's imaginations - building Him into something He never was.

I will engrave the graving
While I cannot say I know all that this means, I did think of the Cross. Christ's crucifixion was the work of God. Man did not nail Christ there, God the Father did, for the sins of man

I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day
This does not seem to be speaking merely of Israel. God Himself removes our sins. He does it through the Cross of Jesus Christ.
The sins of man were washed away in one act on one day.
Those who come to the Cross find forgiveness and salvation in one moment on one day and
One day Jesus will return to this earth to defeat Anti-Christ and set upon His kingdom.

What a day that will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment