Thursday, August 30, 2007

Bound Up in the Lad's Life

Genesis 44:30 KJV
Now therefore when I come to thy servant my father, and the lad be not with us; seeing that his life is bound up in the lad's life;

I certainly understand Judah’s assessment of Jacob's relationship to Benjamin, "...his life is bound up in the lad's life." That is how I feel about both of my sons.

Though they are grown
I think of them all day long
I am concerned (in that if they are interested in it, so am I) about everything they do
I see their vehicles in town and immediately my soul is lifted
I see them come to church and I am at once joyful
I receive a phone call from them and everything else becomes secondary


Their burdens are my burdens
Their successes are my successes
Their victories are my victories
Their delights are my delights


It is easy to weep when they weep and rejoice when they rejoice. My life is bound up in theirs.

This is also the relationship God the Father has with Jesus Christ.

John 5:23
That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. (KJV)

John 10:30
I and my Father are one. (KJV)

John 14:9
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? (KJV)

John 17:21
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. (KJV)

The things the Father loves, the Son loves. The things the Father does the Son does. They are the same essence.

What a great price God paid to give His only begotten Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment