Friday, September 28, 2007

Just Judgment

John 5:30 KJV
I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Jesus said His judgment was just because He sought not His own will, but the will of God the Father. It is impossible but that we who are Christians will have to make judgments and, with it, accept the accusation of being judgmental.

We must judge between right and wrong
We must judge what is sound doctrine and unsound
We must judge concerning those qualified to serve in the Lord's work and those who are not.
We must judge concerning who is appropriate companionship and whose companionship will draw us away from Jesus Christ.

Those who love darkness will always judge those who shine light into the darkness, but that does not mean the light should not be shined.

We learn a lesson from Jesus Christ concerning that judgment; it can be just so long as we seek the will of God the Father and not our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment