Thursday, November 22, 2007

Him That Justifieth the Ungodly

Romans 4:5 KJV
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

The title of God
"Him that justifieth the ungodly"
What a name for Almighty God. He justifies the ungodly.
It is His business.
It is His purpose, yea
It is His character
To justify the ungodly

To justify implies more than that God lets the ungodly go free in their guilt. It means that God does something that pays for their ungodliness and turns them around.

The type of man
"the ungodly"There is none that doeth good so this is an accurate type of all men. God becomes so much more precious to us when we see ourselves as ungodly. Once we have a right view of self, seeing God as gracious and kind and merciful in the next easiest step.

The reward of faith
"counted for righteousness"Not that I am righteous in my own accord. I am counted for righteousness because of faith. I have seen myself for who I am and I have seen the Lord for who He is. The natural result is that I place faith in the one whose character is to justify ones whose character is such as mine. Placing that faith in Him, He counts me righteous.

No comments:

Post a Comment