Monday, December 24, 2007

Tarry a while

1 Corinthians 16:7
For I will not see you now by the way; but I trust to tarry a while with you, if the Lord permit.
The heart of the Apostle is permeated through this chapter. His desire to see these believers as well as to accomplish ministry is other places is evident.

He says, ...I trust to tarry a while with you...

He wants to spend time with them
He wants to linger in their presence
He wants the chance to teach them and to fellowship with them.

As I write these words I am on my way to see my parents for Christmas. It will be a short trip as I have to come home right after. But there will be time we spend just “tarrying” together. We won’t have anything to do – we will just be together. I love it because I love my parents. Such love ought to be present among God’s family in the local church.

Sometimes the Lord does not permit such tarrying. There is work to be done and often the work forbids spending much time in tarrying together; but the heart's desire is still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment