Sunday, January 13, 2008

He hath made us kings

2 Samuel 7:14-15
I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:
But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.

This is a wonderful promise from God and, though it is specifically given to David and his son Solomon, still there is New Testament evidence enough to claim this same promise for the believers today

I will be his and he shall be my son
John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: (KJV)


If he commits iniquity I will chasten him
Heb 12:7
If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? (KJV)


But my mercy shall not depart away from him
Heb 13:5
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. (KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment