Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sustaining Faith

Job 7:20-21 KJV
I have sinned; what shall I do unto thee, O thou preserver of men? why hast thou set me as a mark against thee, so that I am a burden to myself?
And why dost thou not pardon my transgression, and take away mine iniquity? for now shall I sleep in the dust; and thou shalt seek me in the morning, but I shall not be.


I think nearly every Christian has felt like this at one time or another. Job had done nothing to cause the affliction he was experiencing. But even then he could say honestly "I have sinned" and speak of his transgression and iniquity.

As God moves to make us more into the image of Jesus Christ there will be times when we do not understand the suffering we go through and when we feel as if God won't hear even the confession of our sins. Still, I think of Job's words, "Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him." Faith in God will sustain us even in those times when we cannot sense the presence of God in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment