Monday, April 28, 2008

Worthwhile

Job 29:15-16 KJV
I was eyes to the blind, and feet was I to the lame.
I was a father to the poor: and the cause which I knew not I searched out.


Job was, of course, speaking of a "better time" in his life; a time when he was respected and when things were going well for him. But what he said he did in those days is a remarkable way to live our lives - so long as the Lord gives us means to do it

I was eyes to the blind
I can take this two ways; physically and spiritually. I see Job caring for those whose handicaps left them blind in the world. I see him meeting their needs. I see him giving them direction. I see him perhaps teaching them things they could not read for themselves. On the spiritual side, we know that the people of this world are blind to the things of God. I can also see Job busy about the work of giving direction, guidance, and aide to those whose spiritual blindness had left them incapable of seeing the Lord

Feet was I to the lame
Once again there is both the physical and spiritual application. I can see Job going where the lame could not go on their behalf. I can see him taking the lame where they needed to be. Spiritually, the Bible says "how beautiful are the feet of them who preach good tidings." I can see Job preaching the Word of God to those whose legs were lame and could not bring them to Calvary. Our job is to go to them.

I was a father to the poor
In the physical realm, I can see Job mentoring these fatherless and poor. I can see him making sure their needs were met and food was on their table. Spiritually I can see him take them under his arm and lead them to the Heavenly Father.

The cause which I knew not I searched out
On behalf of others, and also in his own search for the knowledge of the Lord. Job was a student of truth.

What a worthwhile way to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment