Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Living On The Promise

Psalms 42:11 KJV
Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

This Psalm ends with the Psalmist still cast down.
He has hope
He has prayer
He even may have confidence
That he will praise God again in the future. But at this very moment, He does not have that answer.

There is a kind of Christian endurance that continues its course regardless of either circumstances or emotions.
There is a kind of Christian testimony that is only developed when we continue on even though both body and mind are attacked.

Hope that is seen is not hope. So we cannot demonstrate this kind of hope when all is well in our world. And sometimes there are those who are able to point out in us that even though our life might be troublesome, if we have the propensity to be happy anyway, and so discount the joy and hope we have because it is our nature. So God must "cast down" even our souls or emotions, and our minds to demonstrate the testimony of the grace to continue even though the body and the mind and emotion are all overwhelmed.

I shall yet”....we shall yet “praise Him....”
This is a promise that is sure and secure. I shall yet. I shall yet. Praise Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment