Tuesday, August 26, 2008

His Fruit Wasn't Harvested for Thousands of Years!

Isaiah 49:4 KJV
Then I said, I have laboured in vain, I have spent my strength for nought, and in vain: yet surely my judgment is with the LORD, and my work with my God.
I wonder how many of the servants of the Lord have felt exactly like this? We are in great company when we feel as if we have labored for the Lord and seen little fruit.
Isaiah
Jeremiah
Micaiah

To name just three.

In Isaiah's case, God said that his ministry would ultimately be to the Gentiles (vs 6). This prophet would not see the earthly fruit of his ministry until thousands of years after he had died. His fruit began to ripen at the end of Christ's ministry. The first fruits were plucked in the early stages of the ministry of Peter and then of Paul. The fruit of Isaiah's ministry is perhaps seeing its greatest harvest in the day in which we now live!

Faithfulness to truth is our goal; not visible, tangible fruit. If we will concentrate on knowing and obeying and preaching the truth of God's Word, regardless of the present cost, God will reward one day in ways we cannot imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment