Sunday, August 03, 2008

A Different Walk

Isaiah 8:11 KJV
For the LORD spake thus to me with a strong hand, and instructed me that I should not walk in the way of this people, saying,

That God spake with a strong hand does not mean that God was hard on him but that, as a father would take his son's hand and the son would sense the father's strength, confidence, and will, so the prophet could sense the God's plan for him in the instruction.

God's will for the prophet was that he should not walk in the way of the people. They were overwhelmed with the strength of men. They saw the confederacy of the Northern tribes with Syria and could not see how God could help them. God's wanted the prophet to sanctify the Lord and to fear Him rather than these confederacies of men.

I view verse 18 as a summary of what would be different between the prophet and his family and the people,
Isaiah 8:17 KJV
And I will wait upon the LORD, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him.

I will wait upon the Lord
Even though right now it appears that He
Hideth His face
And I will look for Him


There are times when it is difficult to see the Lord in the world. There are times when it appears He hides his face not only from the people of the world but from us individually. The difference between the rest and the prophet is that the prophet chose to wait and look for the Lord even during those times.

Lord, let it be so in my life. Let it be so in the life of the church I am blessed to pastor.

No comments:

Post a Comment