Thursday, August 28, 2008

It's A Little Thing

Isaiah 54:7-8 KJV
For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.
In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.


What a blessed thought that God sees His chastening as "a small moment" and "a little wrath." I can get things out of perspective. I can see things through the deeply flawed glasses of humanity. I see things in contrast to the only thing I know, the few short years of mortal lifespan. God, on the other hand, sees everything in the contrast of eternal life and immortality.

If I keep in mind that my life is eternal; if I place my expectations and hopes, not on these few moments in earth, but in the life that God has promised me in the heavenlies, then anything that happens today and however long it may last, is but a little thing.

The discipline of the child of God is, as the Psalmist prayed
Psalms 90:12 KJV
So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment