Monday, August 18, 2008

Now

Isaiah 33:10 KJV
Now will I rise, saith the LORD; now will I be exalted; now will I lift up myself.

My attention this morning is on the word, "now." And I am reminded of a New Testament passage that I think connects with it,
2 Peter 3:18 KJV
But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Peter prayed that God would have his glory "both now and forever."
Not just in the future.
Not just in heaven.
Not just after we die and go into eternity


Peter prayed that God would have that glory right now too.

And that is my prayer this morning. Too much is made of ourselves and too little is made of God. Too often we put God in the back places of our lives and only call upon Him when we need Him.

Father, Rise right now. Be exalted among men right now. Lit up Yourself and reign in our hearts and among us right now. I don't want to wait until I die to make You Lord and King of my life. I don't want to wait until I get to heaven to give You first place in my heart. I don't want to wait until I am in terrible need before I kneel down before You.

Now, Lord, is the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment