Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Sought Out

Isaiah 62:12 KJV
And they shall call them, The holy people, The redeemed of the LORD: and thou shalt be called, Sought out, A city not forsaken.

"Thou shalt be called, Sought out..."

What a name! When all is said and done and when we are once and for all in the presence of the Lord, we will learn our real name; "Sought out."

All of my life God has sought me out.
When I was a young person, and before I became a believer, God sought me out. I can still remember the thoughts I had about God in my childhood. They were not developed and I certainly was not a Christian, but God placed in my heart a desire to know Him. Over the years of adolescence God brought into my life one person after the other that gave witness concerning Him. He sought me out.

After I was saved God sought me out.
There were years of less than ideal Christian living. But God kept seeking me out. Out of friendships that were not with Christians, out of activities that were not a good testimony, out of habits that were sinful. God continued to mold me and work on me to bring me out of the world's life and into a life lived for Jesus Christ.

God sought me out for service.
For me that service was pastoring. For someone else it will not be full time ministry. But God deals with each of us who are saved to serve in some way
Romans 12:11 KJV
Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;

When all is finally said and done; when we stand before our Saviour; we will hear our name, "Sought out."

And we will praise Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment