Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Assurance

Ezekiel 24:14 KJV
I the LORD have spoken it: it shall come to pass, and I will do it; I will not go back, neither will I spare, neither will I repent; according to thy ways, and according to thy doings, shall they judge thee, saith the Lord GOD.
I never tire nor find myself without the need of reminders that God's Word is true and faithful. Repeated throughout the Bible are verses just like this one that
Remind us
Encourage us and even
Warn us

That what God has spoken shall come to pass.

God speaks it so often because we need to hear it so often. The assurances I had yesterday that God's Word is true, were good for yesterday but must be made fresh for this new day and for these new circumstances. What was my life environment yesterday is completely changed now that today has come. And the food that nourished my soul yesterday will not do to sustain me today.

God's Word is true. What He has spoken will come to pass. He will do it. He will not go back. We may be assured of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment