Tuesday, October 28, 2008

For His Name's Sake

Ezekiel 36:20-23 KJV
And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These are the people of the LORD, and are gone forth out of his land.
But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went.
Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.
And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.


I am reminded that Jesus said
John 14:13-14 KJV
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.


Israel had never really lived up to the name of their Lord. Even in their most glorious days, there was unbelievable sin, and there were very few glorious days. But God made this promise; He said He would bless Israel, not for their sakes but for the sake of His own holy name.

And that is exactly where I want to learn to live today. I want to live in the promises of God for His name's sake and not for any good deed I and the people I live with may be able to do.
I want to lean on His holy name
I want to trust in His holy name and
I want to pray for the sake of His holy name

No comments:

Post a Comment