Monday, January 05, 2009

Taken Too Lightly

Genesis 27:13 KJV
And his mother said unto him, Upon me be thy curse, my son: only obey my voice, and go fetch me them.

Rebekah thought too little of the curse. In her mind, all that would happen would be minor compared to the benefits of the deception. Her manipulation of the events seemed well worth what she considered to be her responsibility to make what God had promised her to happen.

And mankind, in general, tends to take the curse of God's judgment too lightly.

I think of
Genesis 4:13 KJV
And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear.

I think of Israel when they said
Matthew 27:25 KJV
Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children.

They just did not realize the weight of what they had asked to place on their own shoulders.

And I think of
Matthew 20:22 KJV
But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.

They thought they were able, but they had no idea what they were asking to get themselves in to.

And I think of the lost man who thinks death just won't be that bad. They have no idea the weight of the curse they carry.

May God open our eyes so that we only want to follow the Lord. Nobody can bear the curse of God upon them.

No comments:

Post a Comment