Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Just a Touch

Mark 5:28 KJV
For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole.

The woman with the issue had no huge ambition. In her condition, having suffered with her health all of these years and now having spent all that she had for help and still was nothing bettered;
She was not seeking to speak with the Lord personally
She was not expecting that she would have a private audience
She could not believe that Jesus would even delay His appointment for her case


But she thought if she could just touch His clothes, that would be enough.

I wonder how many persons even get that much a relationship with Christ? I wonder even if most so called Christians have ever so much as touched the clothes of Christ?

I am afraid we settle maybe for being in the crowd that claims to have touched Christ. I am afraid we often just have heard the sound of those who throng the things of Christ.

Too many I know think that hanging around the outskirts of those making a lot of noise about Jesus is the same thing as touching Jesus. She did not ask to stop Christ in His way. She did not want to delay the Lord's work in the little girl. But she did push through that crowd until she had a purposeful touch of the Saviour's garment.

Nothing less will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment