Friday, April 17, 2009

Though He...

John 12:37 KJV
But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:

This is a recurring theme in several of the past chapters of John. Almighty God, who can do anything, did not make these people believe on Jesus Christ.

Jesus, to be sure, did many miracles in the presence. There were all sorts of evidences that He is the Son of God. But Jesus did not resort to either
Trickery
Bribery or
Superiority
To make them believe.

He simply
Told them who He was
Reinforced His Word with action
And left it up to them to receive or reject.

I often would like the Lord to force my will on others. I would like Him to
Make someone believe or
Make someone follow or
Make someone make things easier on me than they currently are.

This is not what God does. The question is not whether I am going to be able to make others be what I want them to be. The question of Christianity is whether I am going to follow the Lord as I know He wants for me; even if following is the more difficult path.

No comments:

Post a Comment