Monday, October 05, 2009

Our God

Psalms 48:14 KJV
For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death.

What a good reminder this passage gives us.
To know that this God (of the Bible) is not just God but our God is comforting.
If God existed, but we had no relationship with Him, if we were not His and He ours, our thoughts of Him would be terrifying. But He is our God. He is our redeemer and our Heavenly Father.

To know that this God is our God for ever and ever is reassuring.
He is not our God so long as we are doing right; He is our God for ever and ever.

To know that this God is our God and guide so long as we must travel this path of life on earth is empowering.
Though most men will not walk the way God guides me, I do not walk this path alone. God is with me, each step I take is calculated by Him for my own benefit and for His own glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment