Wednesday, February 03, 2010

A Pastor

Jeremiah 17:16-17 KJV
As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day; thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right before thee.
Be not a terror unto me: thou art my hope in the day of evil.


Though Jeremiah did not believe himself to be "qualified" to be the man of God he had been called to be, yet he was not hesitant to follow the Lord in this calling. Jeremiah could foretell that his ministry was going to be one of trouble and woe and he did not enter into it lightly.

Jeremiah could also foresee that the message he would bring was one of judgment to the people of Israel and he was quick to say that it wasn't a message he was anxious to see come to pass.

A pastor is called of God to preach a difficult message to a stiff necked people, yet:
His ministry must be one of following the Lord
His message must be right before the Lord
His manner must be tender toward the congregants and
His hope must be in the Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment