Sunday, February 21, 2010

Whose I Am

Acts 27:23 KJV
For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve
There are three components to this verse;
The presence
"there stood by me...the angel of God"There could be little that would give as much assurance as knowing that the angel of God stands by us.

But before that assurance can be reached the other two components of the passage must also be true

The possession
"whose I am"

I am not ashamed to be possessed of the Lord. Worldlings want to make themselves their own gods. Let them do it! I am more than happy to be possessed of the maker of the universe.

The passion
"and whom I serve"
Paul was more than a professor of religion. He was a practitioner of faith. His life was wholly given up to the service of Christ.

May the same be true of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment