Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Right Choice

Romans 16:3 KJV
Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus:
I was impressed with the long list of those involved in the ministry of Christ.

They did not all do the same things
Phebe is called a servant
Priscilla and Aquilla are called helpers
Some are said to have "laboured in the Lord."

They have different commendations
Amplias is beloved in the Lord
Apelles is approved in Christ


They served in different capacities
Phebe is a servant of the church
Priscilla and Aquilla were "my helpers in Christ."

The thing that rings out to me through all of these (and there are many others here in Romans 16 I did not bring up) is that every believer can have some area of influence and involvement and be in some measure a blessing to the work of the ministry. It is just a matter of surrender. It is only a matter of doing it.

I met who I thought was the sweetest lady this week. She had a pleasant smile. She was faithful to the church services. She was involved in the ministry of the church. What was not evident from the first impression was that she was also a critical spirit and liked to poke painful jabs. First she poked at the preacher and his family. Then she poked at mine. She could have been such a blessing. Instead she was a sore in the church.

It is a choice. We can be an encouragement and a blessing, or we can be a pain in the side and a thorn in the flesh. I know which I would rather be.... do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment