Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Resurrection Sunday

Hosea 13:14 KJV
I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.

I suppose the most intriguing thing about reading this verse today is the timing of it. Today is Resurrection Sunday. We observe the resurrection of our Saviour from the grave which is the moment this verse (and the parallel passage of 1 Corinthians 15) is fulfilled.

For the first time in I can't remember how many years, I will be preaching on a Resurrection Sunday. It has been my habit ever since Pastor Bill Bramblett went into evangelism to have him preach for us on this day. Most of the time we combined it as a revival meeting, but some years was just for the Sunday. Generally he and sister Pearl would have Sunday dinner with our family and we joked that we would have him on Resurrection Sunday until he was not able to preach any more. I do not know that he is completely out of the picture for future years, but it serves as a reminder to me how much I long for the promise of these passages to become reality for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment