Monday, April 12, 2010

True, Timeless and Trustworthy

Amos 9:11 KJV
In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:

I was encouraged this morning by the consistency of the Word of God. We have these sixty six books, written by 40 some different men over the course of 1400 some odd years, and yet they tell the same story and build upon one another so flawlessly that I can't help but believe they have but one author, God Himself.

Amos ends with a summary of God's plan for Israel, the Tribulation (Daniel's seventieth week) followed by the return of the Lord to establish His 1000 year reign and to re-establish David's kingdom.

Minor Prophets, Major Prophets, and New Testament prophecy all come together to paint the same picture. God's Word is true, timeless and trustworthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment