Tuesday, June 29, 2010

In This Be Content

Leviticus 10:20
And when Moses heard that, he was content.

Whether Aaron's explanation was of the Lord or not I am not sure.

I can see this as being humanly stressful to everyone. Two of Aaron's sons had died for offering the strange fire and Moses was commanded to have the survivors make an unusual response. They were not to uncover their heads or rend their clothes. They were not to express grief (though the rest of the congregation could.)

Moses here expresses displeasure with Aaron and Aaron returns with the reason for his actions. Moses became calm after that.

Sometimes our place is not to change a person but to express to them a wrong. Aaron may still have been in error. I think he was. But Moses had done what was his to do. From there he could be content.

I may not always get the response I would like from my ministry but being faithful in my ministry I may be content

No comments:

Post a Comment