Monday, August 30, 2010

My Father and My Mother and My Brethren

Joshua 2:13 KJV
And that ye will save alive my father, and my mother, and my brethren, and my sisters, and all that they have, and deliver our lives from death.

Rahab's concern is not only for the saving of herself but also for those she loved.
• She believed that the God of Israel is the true God.
• She believed that destruction and wrath were imminent.
• She believed that salvation was possible by seeking it.
But she could not ask for it for herself alone. Others must be saved too.

And that is the way it is with true conversion. The one who is born again has a supernatural desire to see others saved as well. They cannot help but be so. The truth of wrath is too real to them to keep it as a secret sort of salvation. They must warn others and, being convinced they have the means of salvation they must convince others to come into that means with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment