Deuteronomy 24:22 KJV
And thou shalt remember that thou wast a bondman in the land of Egypt: therefore I command thee to do this thing.
God's Word mentions repeatedly that Israel was a slave in Egypt. Because they were slaves in Egypt they were
• To be kind to strangers
• Never to hate the Egyptians
• Make provisions for the poor and the traveler.
God ends chapter 24 by reminding them to remember they were bondmen.
It would do us all well to remember we come from lowly stock. Our heritage is not that of which one would boast.
• We are sinners, redeemed out of the waste.
• We were strangers from God and His covenants.
• We have been raised to this place before God only through His grace.
May we never forget!