Thursday, August 12, 2010

This One Thing

Deuteronomy 10:12-13 KJV
And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul,
To keep the commandments of the LORD, and his statutes, which I command thee this day for thy good?

The word of God is written in such a way as to make these requirements seem, small, easy to be accomplished. God does not require much for Israel to be are right with Him. Only,
• Fear the Lord thy God.
• Walk in all His ways.
• Love Him
• Serve Him with all the heart and soul.
• Keep His commandments and statutes.

No big deal. But no man is able to do this perfectly. Israel never did keep these five. Of all that God commands, if we boil it down to just this, we still can't keep the requirements. And that is the major point of the law: we can't do it. God never intended that we do this for our righteousness. He has provided a better way in Christ, our Righteousness.

This is something I can do. I can trust Christ for righteousness. I can lay all my sin on Him and believe He is able to keep my soul before God.

And this is all I need to do. Christ does the rest in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment