1 Samuel 25:31 KJV
That this shall be no grief unto thee, nor offence of heart unto my lord, either that thou hast shed blood causeless, or that my lord hath avenged himself: but when the LORD shall have dealt well with my lord, then remember thine handmaid.
Abigail refutes almost all modern perceptions in the church about a woman's place.
• She led her husband's men.
• She did it without her husband's knowledge.
• She did it despite her husband's will otherwise .
• She gave David, the anointed king, advice (vs 33.)
Abigail was convinced that David was God's man for the kingdom but she was concerned that David's act of vengeance would follow him negatively all his days as king. Her appeal was to allow the Lord to do as the Lord chose with Nabal.
David learned from her and never, took vengeance in his reign.
• To say that she usurped authority would be to go too far.
• To say she obeyed God and not men is certainly fair.