Acts 9:4 KJV
And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
Saul never did answer this question; there is no answer for it.
• There is no good reason to persecute the Lord through the persecution of His people.
• There is no good reason to despise their words.
• There is no good reason to mock their faith.
• There is no good reason to attack their congregations.
• There is no good reason to deny their Saviour.
Like the Jews, Saul thought in persecuting the Christians he did God service, but before the Lord, as he was, there was no question of his error.
And so it will be with those who
• Despise and
Against the believer today. In that great day when they, as Saul did here, bow and confess Jesus as Lord they will be without excuse, without a reason, without answer for their sin.
The one huge difference between their story and Saul's is that if they fail to bow before they die, they will bow in the judgment and be eternally condemned.