Acts 7:54 KJV
When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.
• When Peter preached in Acts 2:37 they were "pricked in their heart" and asked how to make things right.
• When Stephen preached they were "cut to the heart" and stoned him to death.
While the words pricked and cut are different, both are mortal wounds. There is no great difference, in their impact.
There is no difference because one was filled with the Spirit and the other was not. There is no fault either in the
• Presentation or
Of Stephen's message versus Peter's.
This is about the crowd and the means through which God would be glorified. One crowd grew tender; the other grew harder through the preaching of the Word of God.
• Ours is not to analyze why God uses one man one way and another man differently.
• Ours is not to train men to do as we have done so they get the results we have gotten.
• Ours is only to seek to be filled with the Holy Spirit, to earnestly preach the truth and leave the results to the Lord.