Friday, November 19, 2010

All Things

Romans 11:36 KJV
For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

This is a life altering verse, "For of Him, and through Him, and to Him are all things."

The point is that all things are to glorify and exalt and uplift God. He is the focus. He alone is worthy.

Our suffering is a trite issue in comparison to Almighty God.

I have read that prior to the allied invasion at Normandy General Eisenhower was briefed on the potential number of men who would be casualties. His response was something to the effect of, "I can live with that." Not that one man's death was acceptable* but that the cause was so much greater than the price of those lives (and the impact on those that would be forever touched by the loss of those lives.)

Whatever the cost of faithful worship and fellowship with Christ, the cause is so much more worth it. "For of Him, and through Him, and to Him are all things."

*Eisenhower made the decision and saw it through, but his words concerning just one aspect of the decision (the airborne drop behind Utah beach) hint at the stress that comes with serious consequences.

"I went to my tent alone and sat down to think. Over and over I reviewed each step, somewhat in the sequence set down here, but more thoroughly and exhaustively. I realized, of course, that if I deliberately disregarded the advice of my technical expert on the subject [Air Chief Marshal Leigh-Mallory], and his predictions should prove accurate, then I would carry to my grave the unbearable burden of a conscience justly accusing me of the stupid, blind sacrifice of thousands of the flower of youth."
http://www.fas.org/man/eprint/dahl.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment