2 Chronicles 26:16 KJV
But when he was strong, his heart was lifted up to his destruction: for he transgressed against the LORD his God, and went into the temple of the LORD to burn incense upon the altar of incense.
Uzziah became strong and his heart was lifted up as is evidenced by;
• He presumed an authority that was not his
• He refused the rebuke that he deserved
The result was
• He lived with the judgment the rest of his life.
When the leprosy arose he submitted to the priest, but it was too late. God can heal leprosy as is demonstrated many times in the Bible. But God did not heal him. Certain things can not be reversed and I don't know that any of us know when God will root out the seeds of evil for us or when He will require we reap the crop. It just becomes us to
• Be humble before the Lord
• Serve Him as He allows and
• Obey those spiritual leaders who have the rule over us.