Wednesday, February 09, 2011

If I Justify Myself

Job 9:20-21 KJV
If I justify myself, mine own mouth shall condemn me: if I say, I am perfect, it shall also prove me perverse.
Though I were perfect, yet would I not know my soul: I would despise my life.

God's own Word says Job is a perfect man. But Job makes no such claim for himself.

• He sees himself as he is in the flesh
• God sees him as he is in Christ.

Realizing our need of righteousness is the main step in being righteous. The most righteous men are those who are most aware of their unrighteousness. It is not the person who speaks of his accomplishments we are the most drawn to but those whose honesty about themselves tends to their care of character.

In God's sight Job was perfect just and upright. Before men and in the flesh Job, like every man, must be perfected.

No comments:

Post a Comment