Friday, February 25, 2011

My Delight

Psalms 1:1-2 KJV
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

I want to be known for that which is my delight.

There is a blessing that is owned by those who separate themselves
• From sinners
• From scorners and
• From the ungodly
Surely the man who would be blessed of God will remove himself from these.

But too frequently the battle of separation becomes the mark of the believer. The Psalmist tells us that the blessed man is more than a militant separatist, he has a delight; and that delight is in the law of the Lord.

David was a man of war. Well into his later life he was still ready and willing to take up the sword against the enemies of God. But David's heart was that of the sweet Psalmist of Israel. His heart was after God, not after blood.

As I move into my senior years I want to focus on that in which I delight. I need to be a man of battle and separation but I must be known for those things which bring me delight.

And that which must be the most delightful must be the Lord and His Word.

PS, this post is a little late today because I was visiting my newest "granddaughter" Isabella Faith Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment